Preparations are underway for the 2022/23 player evaluations. Please continue to watch this page for updates.
The Evaluation Process Summary and the Ice Schedule will be posted later this summer with full details. Note that plans can change subject to changes in ice availability and final numbers. The following are a few general points to note:
- Schedule TBA — Player evaluations for the 2022/23 season will run approx Sept 1-15, 2022.
- UAA testing for U10 - U14 skaters will be mandatory. (See the UAA section below for info on the specific tests.)
- AS players will be evaluated at one ice time and placed on balanced teams based on relative skill level and birth year.
- U10 players will be evaluated and placed on balanced teams in Step 1, Step 2 or Step 3 based on evaluation data and birth year.
- U12-U14 players will be evaluated and placed on tiered teams based on evaluation data only. FT and PT goalies in U12 and U14 will also have a goalie skills session.
- U16-U19 head coaches will be selected after the evaluation sessions are completed to facilitate a draft process for forming tiered teams informed by player rankings.
- Final placement of players is subject to the discretion of the Evaluation Committee and Player Development.
Please stay safe and be considerate to everyone.
- Unless you have an AS/U10 aged player on the ice, parents are asked to consider NOT remaining in the spectator areas during your player’s ice time. The past few years of social distancing has shown us that it helps create a much less stressful environment for our players and evaluators.
- Please note that LRA will not tolerate any harassment or mistreatment of volunteers, members, players or facility staff. Evaluations can be a stressful time for our young athletes and volunteers. Please be considerate.
Parents are asked to use the 24 hour rule where possible: please wait 24 hours before sending any concerns. LRA will not tolerate harassment toward any volunteers. Info@lethbridgeRingette.ca
Evaluation Process Summary & Schedule
Full details on the evaluation process for the 2022/23 season will be posted below later this summer. Please review all the information and take note of your player’s potential ice times. You will receive email notifications for your player’s specific ice times.
- Process Summary - will be posted later this summer
- Ice Schedule - will be posted later this summer
What is UAA Testing? UAA testing is mandated by RAB for all skaters in the province in the U10 to U14 age groups. (NOTE: Full-time goalies in U12/U14 do not attend the UAA testing sessions.)
As per their tiering policy, RAB compares the UAA data across the province to approve the teams that each association can have in each tier. This approval process is done to strive for comparative competitiveness across the province. Internally, LRA uses the UAA data for sorting U10-U14 skaters into their first game-play evaluation session. UAA data is not used to calculate a player’s final team placement. It is required to ensure we meet RAB minimum testing requirements for U10-U14 teams.
UAA Testing utilizes four different skill testing stations:
- Station 1: Forward & Backward Speed Skate (U10, U12, U14)
- Station 2: Agility Weave with a Ring (U10, U12, U14)
- Station 3: Parallel Start & Stop (U10, U12, U14)
- Station 4: Butterfly Transitional Skate (U12 and U14 only)
Details of the UAA tests can be found on the Ringette Alberta website: https://ringettealberta.com/universal-athlete-assessment/